Saturday, July 22, 2006

Conversacion con James K. Galbraith

Me tome el atrevimiento de escribirle a James K. Galbraith para primero confirmar que el habia sido quien me dejo su comentario en mi blog y segundo para agradecerle por su articulo. Resulto en contestarme mas pronto de lo esperado. A continuacion les presento nuestra conversacion por correo electronico.

Subject: About the translation of your article
From: "Daniel Chivardi-Torres"
Date: Sat, July 22, 2006 2:41 pm
To: "James K. Galbraith"
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Add to Addressbook

Dear James,

I noticed the comment that you wrote on my blog (http://zikezi.blogspot.com), I would like to thank you for doing so, It meant a lot to me. I did enjoy your article "Doing Maths in Mexico", however I would like to clarify that I didn't translate it, someone else of that wrote to the blog "Sendero de Fecal"(http://www.senderodelpeje.com) or "Sendero del Peje"(http://senderodefecal.blogspot.com) did it . I just published on my blog since I believed it explained accurately the situation Mexico's political scenario. It also seemed important to me to publish the opinion of a well-known political thinker as yourself. I would like to mention that I was an International Exchange Student at UT Austin, and now I regret not taking any course that you teach .

These blogs that I mentioned, and many others including mine, are part of a civil movement that is against the Mexican Election's Fraud. I believe I speak for all of them when I thank you for writing your article, it meant a lot for all of us. We encourage you to keep track of Mexico's struggle to reach democracy. Please also let me know whenever you write another article related.

Finally I would like to quote your father, John Kenneth Galbraith:
"All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership."

Thanks for your time. Please feel free to visit my blog any time.

Daniel

Subject: Re: About the translation of your article
From: "James K. Galbraith"
Date: Sat, July 22, 2006 2:59 pm
To: "Daniel Chivardi-Torres"
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Add to Addressbook


Daniel,

Thank you for taking this up, and for sticking with it; I was glad to be able to give Mochan's work a bit of a megaphone.

Could you pass along my thanks to the actual translator? I'd appreciate it.

Say hello to my friends at Carnegie-Mellon.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment